Wednesday, January 13, 2010

I came here to kick ass & chew bubblegum...

...and I'm all out of gum!

This is my motto for the year. In other words, this year I'm making things happen. I feel like I have a lot going on in my life right now(hence the light-to-non-existent blogging). But it's all good things that hopefully will make my life better...


1) The bombshells has their first performance coming up at The Dallas Burlesque Festival on February 5th & 6th. Be there or be square!
2) Speaking of the festival...I will have the first ever Flights of Whimsy vendor booth, operated by my mom, the one and only, while I'm performing. As some of you may have deduced I like vintage things, especially vintage jewelry. I've got a pretty big collection going so I decided to turn this passion into a small business to share the love. I'm going to give it my best shot and see how it goes. I've been photographing everything but since I only get good light in the middle of the day for a few hours I have to wait until weekends to do it.
3) I also am working on photographing all my vintage treasures around the house to start an extension to Flights of Whimsy that I'm going to call treasure hunting (patent pending, lol). My friends have always told me I have a great eye for things and that I am a great bargain hunter. I always manage to find a needle in a vintage haystack and can have a vision for the shabbiest of items. Someone recently suggested starting up a service business of sorts for people who want vintage pieces in their home and don't know how to find it. So basically I would work with someone who is looking for say, a dresser or entry way table and would like to spend X amount of dollars. I would then work to find them a perfect piece within their budget. I would also offer an additional service to offer interior styling advice on how to style said item I found for them with other items they already own to make their homes more stylish. So I'm styling out all my pieces and photographing them to build a portfolio of sorts for my website. Does anyone know a web designer? I NEED HELP!
4) I applied a long time ago to be a stylist for for an Independent Fashion show in Dallas called The Pin Show, and I got in! This is going to be a great addition to my styling portfolio and who know who I'll meet in the process.

So that's the update in the Flights of Whimsy world. I'm movin and groovin to make things happen this year. Wish me luck and if you have any advice for me please share or send me an email. I need all the help I can get!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Have you heard about the WCBF? http://windycityburlesquefest.com - maybe we'll see you there! :) xo - Red Hot Annie

Kaye said...

Congrats on the Pin Show...you have the talent to do whatever you want.

Unknown said...

sounds like things are going good! my friend runs the pin show... should be awesome, congrats!!