Monday, May 10, 2010

My Life as a Wedding Planner

My brother is getting married to a lovely lady on June 5th at our parents "farm". I say "farm" because the only animals they have are a bunch of cats, but it's a place in the country with a barn nonetheless. My brother's fiance, Jackie, is in her last semester of college, taking classes, student teaching, getting ready to move, so I offered to help plan the wedding. Not that I wouldn't have wanted to anyways :). A few weekends ago my aunts threw her a lovely bridal shower, they threw mine last year and they are the best hostesses if I do say so!

They used vintage hankies as napkins, so cute!

Jackie opening gifts

A good time was had by all. Did I mention my aunt has a super cute house? Because she does...

It's a victorian style house with a huge wooded lot.

She hung vintage hand mirrors with plate holders in a diamond pattern, it looked beautiful.
My grandpa's picture from the navy, isn't he a cutie?

My mom is also making Jackie's wedding dress by hand which I helped design. Can you believe my mom's skillz?! I'm so happy Jackie was open to the idea of adding the blue lining, it's what makes this dress special. Here is Jackie at her recent fitting. She will be wearing the same jewelry that I wore and designed myself for my wedding. It makes me happy that some one else will get to enjoy it.

Here are some inspiration pictures I've been collecting for the wedding. It's going to be so charming and country chic. My mom and I have been collecting bottles, tins, and vintage table cloths for months. I can't wait to see everything all set up!


Her dress was inspired from these images...




Yes, we will have rows of hay as seating at the ceremony...



So what do you think? Is my stint as a wedding planner going ok?

6 comments:

supermandy said...

yes yes yes! you totally need to research how to actually become a wedding planner. I had a friend that was looking to get started. I think she said you have to do 3 weddings for free first... I don't know. It just seems very you. and be on the look out for our 10year anniversary party invitation. I'm sure you'll be in brazil or something then, but yall are invited none the less. 10 years! <3

beachvintage.com said...

You are going so so well! Great inspiration boards. Love the vintage hand mirrors.

Sarah Greenman said...

YES! Awesome. My favorite touch is the vintage hankies. So cute.

kayezee said...

Jackie's dress is looking beautiful...your Mom is doing an amazing job!

kennady said...

It is great to share the information about the experience of a wedding planner. All the wedding couples pictures of the arrangements are really great. Those who want to plan the wedding by own. They may use the wedding planner app for iPad for an easy planning of the wedding.

Anonymous said...

Where did you aquire the mirrors i love them.exellent idea