Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Currently Obsessed With; Amazing Floors

Maybe I have floor envy, but I love seeing amazing floors as the base for a great room. I think that a great foundation is so important.

Too bad I have horrible stained concrete. I know some of you are saying "But stained concrete is awesome!" and yes, I agree. Just not in my particular case. It's stained an odd shade of reddish brown and it's very uneven and blotchy. Also, I live in a brick home in the 'burbs, not a loft in the city or some modern home, so I think it just looks out of place. I can't WAIT to cover them up with wood floors. Maybe after we recover form the bathroom remodel...But hey this gives me plenty of time to make a well thought out decision on what flooring we want! Always a silver lining!


I would love to experiment with some tile patterns.








I think the wood herringbone pattern is my favorite but it probably costs like a bazillion dollars to install. But a simple wood on the diagonal I think is just as tasteful. Hopefully I can get it within our budget! (and convince my husband!)

6 comments:

Unknown said...

I am obessed with herringbone floors but I think only the gorgeous antique ones seen in French apartments:) I have been collecting pictures of interesting floors as well and am loving the variety of interesting tile patterns I've been seeing- I loved your selection of pictures. xo

Zee said...

These pictures are so gorgeous. I am in lust with the white circle tile. It makes the room look really open and brings in a lot of light.

Anonymous said...

I have always adored wood floors for as long as I can remember and I'm lucky to have bought a house with the original flooring in great shape!! xoxoxo www.1942charm.blogspot.com

Julie Holloway said...

I agree!! I love this look. In my next home:) The diagonal does give the same affect.

Linda @ theLENNOXX said...

I love herring bone floors too, but I'm sure you are right, it must cost a lot to install =( On another note, I adore the floors in the last pic of this post!

strobe light said...

Best LED Flashlight – Disco Light - Strobe Light SL App change your dark night into the clarity life. Use four different flash light, disco light, and strobe light and led light features in one app