Tuesday, June 5, 2012

How Much Art is Too Much?

What a silly question! Can you ever have too much art?

I think not.

But I am fast running out of space to put things without having a gallery wall in every room. Would that be a bad thing or give our home that collected cozy feel? I'm not sure...


I finally hung this brass do-hickey I bought about a year and a half ago.

I like it a lot!

I have big plans for our bedroom. Its such a mess right now. But I think I've finally figured out the fabric/curtain/bedding combo I'm happy with. I just need some funds to buy everything.

Ahem, birthday, ahem, coming up, ahem.

Sorry, had some phlegm in my throat there.





I wrapped the scarf I got for a dollar at the flea. It's taped all to hell on the back. I didn't want to do anything to ruin it in case I change my mind later and want to use another way. I think it looks so pretty as art though.


We finally got a new TV for the living room and moved the smaller one in here. I was so happy to get rid of that old tube tv for one that hangs on the wall. I will be selling that white chest at an upcoming garage sale (I'll keep you posted on that). I'm not sure what to do about the cable box though. I was thinking of buying a shelf and some cord covers painted to match the wall.

Stupid cable box. What have you done with yours?


I started a new piece of art. I have something in mind and I've done about three sessions on it since I took this pic. I think it might be awesome. Or it could totally suck. We'll see...

Happy Tuesday Lovers!

Photobucket

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Can't wait to see that beautiful art- can already tell it's going to be gorgeous! As for cable box, I put mine inside a sideboard- still works through the door.

Meghan said...

For your cable box, what about making an extra-thick floating shelf, like this: http://pinterest.com/pin/150589181260350360/ and storing the box inside it? Know what I mean? Then you could style up the shelf and make the TV look less "TV"...Might be too thick tho....just a thought :)

Sarah Greenman said...

I hate my TV get-up shit. Its all over the place - wires, box, Roku. Its just a messy mess and I hate it. I love that gold leafy thing you bought. So pretty.